• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phantom notifications

Geo Ego

Lurker
Jun 27, 2016
I am getting phantom or mystery notifications on my Samsung Galaxy S7. Every day at around the same time (10:00 - 10:05 AM), and throughout the day randomly (3-4 different times). I hear a notification sound, but have nothing in my notification area. I hear it even with "Do Not Disturb" turned on.

Looking at my notification history, it first appeared that Weather Underground was causing the notification, so I uninstalled it and replaced it with AccuWeather. I had the same problem, and it appeared to be AccuWeather, so I uninstalled it.

Now that I don't have a weather app, the most recent notification that matches up with that time came from "System UI" with the body "Select Keyboard". Yesterday, it was "System UI" again, but this time "Do Not Disturb turned on". I did not turn DnD on or off at that time, and even when I do, I do not receive a notification sound. I don't know if it might be related, but there are also several "Select Keyboard" notifications in a row.

I'm having the same issue with an AT&T S6E. Just started a couple of nights ago and happens 3-4x per day. No notification bar, just the sound. The sound is the original iPhone notification sound. Never heard it on my phone before this problem started so I'm not sure which app may be causing it. It happens even if my phone is on silent. I downloaded a notification history app and it does not detect anything. Also, notification reminders are turned off as is NFC. Any help would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones