1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phantom Skinz protectors

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zumaki, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Zumaki

Zumaki Android Enthusiast

Back when I first got my Moment, I was invited to do a comparison test between different types of 'skin' protectors (thread). At the time, Phantom Skinz provided me their product for free, because they were sure theirs was the best. I did an initial comparison, found the Phantom Skinz to be best at the time, and then made some occasional updates over the months. As of the time I powered down the Moment last, the original screen protector was still on, still holding firm, and still looked good after nearly a year of pockets, keys, bars, etc.

After owning my Moment for a year and seeing other people with various brands of skins, I have to say, I still think PS is best. So this time I actually paid for the full-body skin, and it arrived 3 days ago. It's just as good on the EVO as it was for my Moment. I know this sounds kind of like a plug but aside from sending me the free sample to use in my review, I have no stake in their company or anyone working there. I just think the Phantom Skinz skin is quality.

It's not too thin, not too thick, doesn't mess up the view, and hides scratches/oil easily. I like the back skin not so much to protect the back panel but because its very slightly gummy and makes it so my phone sticks in one place when I set it on the dash or console in my car.

It won't absorb the impact of a fall, but it definitely saved my Moment from getting some body scuffs when I dropped it on asphalt.

The side panels kind of annoy, though.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews