1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phantom Vibrate?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheAtheistReverend, Apr 25, 2014.

1. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member Thread Starter

For the entire time I have had my S4 (I think), it will "randomly" vibrate as though it is giving a mail/text notification. No notification is present, and I am sure it is really happening and it isn't that ghost vibration that can happen in your pocket when there isn't one happening (it has happened while I was looking right at the phone, locked or unlocked, with screen on or off and in my hand)

Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions on how to figure out why it is doing it?

I am rooted stock, not unlocked, MJ7 build.

There must be some odd setting I played with while not paying close attention or something!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Sam Irev

Sam Irev Lurker

Glad I am not alone. I have a different phone type (I want to keep it private for personal reasons). I have been having what me and my dad call the "Ghost Vibrate." I have no idea where it came from, and it has been happening to me for a while, though only about five months after my phone was handed down to me.

If it is an odd setting, you and I both haven't found it. Me being me, I still haven't found the solution. If you turn your phone off, or set it higher, then it helps.

Also, have you ever felt like you got a text, but didn't feel it? Or have a text arrive but no vibration when it arrives? That has happened to me and might be part of this phenomenon. If you don't, start paying attention.

3. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

an unknown vibration very often signifies a kernel error
    as you are rooted, you are very likely on a custom kernel, so send a logcat to the kernel developer
    or try installing an alternative kernel

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews