1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone acting very weird..... Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by android_rebel, Dec 15, 2011.

1. android_rebel

android_rebel Member
    None

Oct 27, 2010
    Birmingham
    First I went into contacts and noticed they had all been erased, I then tried connecting to pc and noticed I couldn't although I do this on a regular basis. I have removed and updated kies, tried different ports and so on. Still no luck. To make matters worse it is not making our receiving calls now. After searching the net I found a found a post to restore my imei as it might be corrupted. The values on my hex editor look very different to what they should be....most is non existant! Was going to re flash but pc does not recognise my phone so scared to connect to odin incase i lose everything. At the moment my galaxy is a very portable mini tablet. :) I'm still able to connect to net via wifi and mobile network......just need it to make calls!!! Hope someone can help

Advertisement

2. Shine.

Shine. Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    Da 'Rock
    Can you get download mode? Odin might be your only choice! Also did you try putting your phone in debugging mode?

3. android_rebel

android_rebel Member
    None

Oct 27, 2010
    Birmingham
    I did a factory reset, swapped my usb ports on PC messed about with usb settings a debugging on my phone for about 15 mins then PC recognised it. Fired up odin, reflashed gingerbread..... and made it worse! I now NO imei number and have airplane stuck in corner although not in airplane mode and only receive email when connected to wifi. I have found a way to restore my imei number but need to revert back to 2.1 to do so but I didn't make note of my firmware before upgrading from 2.3.3 is there any way I can find out that info or do I need to take a wild guess out of the 26 I've found in link below? :(

Im on T-mobile in UK and want to downgrade to 2.1 anyone got any idea as to which one I would use? please see link below.

SamMobile Firmware Page

4. Shine.

Shine. Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    Da 'Rock