• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone all sorts of messed up.

shikabah

Lurker
Aug 16, 2016
So, I picked up the LG G5 back in April right after it came out. It worked perfectly fine for a while but throughout the last few months it's started to deteriorate. Just today, I got a new software update that brings back the app drawer as well as a few other features.

I changed the battery for the first time after updating, hit the power button, and it went into firmware update mode and told me not to unplug from USB cable when it wasn't plugged in at all. I had to pull the battery, put it back in and hold down power and volume down for a regular boot.

I have another unrelated issue that's been going on before this and I'm wondering if it was a good idea to even get this phone now. If anyone has any tips other than factory reset it'd be very much appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones