• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone always shows as charging, screen doesn't time out.

Melissa88

Lurker
Dec 29, 2011
On saturday afternoon I was round a friends, my phone was on a table (unplugged). All of a sudden I heard a beep, checked my phone and it showed as charging. Since then my phone has always shown as charging, and the screen doesn't time-out anymore. The display dims, but then nothing happens after that.
I have tried turning it off and on again, which did nothing. And when off it shows as charging too.
Any ideas?

On saturday afternoon I was round a friends, my phone was on a table (unplugged). All of a sudden I heard a beep, checked my phone and it showed as charging. Since then my phone has always shown as charging, and the screen doesn't time-out anymore. The display dims, but then nothing happens after that.
I have tried turning it off and on again, which did nothing. And when off it shows as charging too.
Any ideas?

Sounds as though you may have a problem with your USB port at the bottom of your phone.

You could try blowing into it and using a soft toothbrush to gently clean out any dirt or lint, that may be causing a problem, to see if that helps. Failing that, it might mean a trip to your nearest Samsung Service point.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones