• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone answered itself.

albro1960

Lurker
Sep 25, 2010
The weirdest thing just happened. I was doing the dishes with radio on and in the back round I'm hearing someone saying hello, hello. I thought I was going crazy. I turned down the radio and I here it coming from my phone.Sure enough it was my girlfriend and she was talking to me. The phone didn't ring and she said she called twice and heard my radio on and called back. The question is,how did the phone connect without me accepting the phone call?

Its voice activated. if you say the word Answer it will answer the phone without you touching it. if someone on the radio says the word Answer it will do the same thing. Deactivate that voice command if you don't want to take the chance of this happening again.

My phone was answering from random background noise, not from saying the word Answer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones