• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone answering in pocket

jlh4480

Jul 6, 2010
Ladies and gentlemen,

I could use a little help. I carry my EVO in my pocket, and am constantly answering calls that I do not know are incoming. It seems the phone is rubbing against my leg and answering the call. Obvioulsy locking the phone does not help, since you can answer a call without unlocking the phone. Anyone know an app, or alternative solution to keep this from happening?

Thanks,

I have the same problem, the best solution I have come up with is to use the app Lockbot Pro to change the unlock screen from the slider to one of the preset ones. Now when someone calls you it will pop up with buttons on bottom, one for answer, one for ignore. It has prevented many calls from being answered or ignored when I pull the phone out of my pocket. From the other posts on this subject it seems we are just waiting for someone at XDA to figure this one out.

Upvote 0
Simple and effective. This is what I do to prevent this:

Put the phone in your pocket, but make sure the screen is facing outwards. Problem solved!

Also, if you're an old geizer like my dad and you seems to have no grasp on the concept that pushing a button one time makes it perform it's function (the end call key on the moment, shits the screen off), just stare at the phone for about 5 seconds before you put it back in your pocket to makebsure that after you hit the end call key for the 9-14the time, that the screen isn't on again.
He just doesn't get it... does it with his truck as well. It's got a wireless key thing... but he will, not exaggerated, literally hit the unlock button 7 times, and usually more even after I'm sitting in truck buckled in before he gets there if we're going somewhere.
Locking it is even worse... he hits the lock button on the remote probably around 14 times protection as we walk away, everywhere we go.
Then he has the gall to say the batteries are cheap because they die every two months, and insists on paying out the ass for more expensive ones.

Same thing for his moment. It dies in like 6 hours. That's because his screen timeout is set to never, because he thoroughly believes, even though over told him otherwise, that the phone completely shuts off when the screen goes black, and "what use is it then?". All he ever says is it sucks, which I can't deny the moment does suck bad, but not a quarter as bad as his. Every time I.change it to actually work right, he gets pissed and says the phone "shuts off while he's reading stuff on it" and that "this thing a price of junk, why did you break it, leave it alone".

GRRRRRRR!!!! FRICKIN' TECHNOLOGY ILLITERATE OLD PEOPLE!!!
It's not that he doesn't know how to use it that bothers me... it's that he constantly nags about it, then won't let me fix it! Ever!

Anyways, got off topic there, that stuff just really makes me want to bash my head in with salad tongs. Feels good to vent about it though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones