• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone app lags/freezes after root

I'm running version 5.0.2.6 on my S2. What's the newest version?

5.0.2.6 is the oldest. Newer versions, I think is 6.0.2.5. That depends on who made it. I've seen different versions. You could flash it from rom manager I think. Just make sure you select the one for the T-Mobile galaxy s2. But you would still have to Odin the older one first when you reroot until I can find a newer one to use in Odin. I'm going to try to do that tomorrow and put on my root guide. You can also flash this twrp recovery.

SGH-T989_TWRP_v2.2.2.0.zip

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
5.0.2.6 is the oldest. Newer versions, I think is 6.0.2.5. That depends on who made it. I've seen different versions. You could flash it from rom manager I think. Just make sure you select the one for the T-Mobile galaxy s2. But you would still have to Odin the older one first when you reroot until I can find a newer one to use in Odin. I'm going to try to do that tomorrow and put on my root guide. You can also flash this twrp recovery.

SGH-T989_TWRP_v2.2.2.0.zip

Thanks for updating your CWRM file. I tried this version this time while trying to root, and it's being damn stubborn! It won't install Superuser. Any thoughts on this one?

2eq9b4h.jpg

Upvote 0
Try this superuser with busybox. If that doesn't work, download rom manager and use it to install the latest CWM recovery. I think its 6.0.2.7. Just be sure you get the one for Samsung Galaxy S2 T-Mobile. Then try superuser again. Or even better, get rid of CWM and use TWRP.

Some luck I seem to have lol. That Superuser did the trick. I wonder... nevermind. Off for some trial and error.

Cheers again Atmazzz :smokingsomb:

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones