1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone asks for extra password

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by REALOldNick, Jul 9, 2017.

1. REALOldNick

REALOldNick Member

This morning I was playing about with Tehering and hotspots to use a phone intercom. As (it seems) a result, now every time the phone even goes to sleep fter its 2 minutes of inactivity, it aszks for a password. That is addition to the one it asks for after a reboot. The passwords were different, but re-enteringthe password on the screen lock settings made them the same. The intercom setup at one stage asked to create a password, and until I changed the screen lock password, that one was the secondary one being asked for. Trying to get wifi and BT working between phones was messy, so I do not know where I set the password that was coming up as secondary. It is not portable hotspot password.

Sorry this is messy. Can anyone help, please?

Hmmm....edit: My wife swears that she never had to enter a PIN/word except when actually powering down and rebooting. I have exactly the same phone, but I have never secured it. I did that today....and now it asksx me for two pins as well.

Nick

#1 REALOldNick, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Huawei Y5 Forum

The Huawei Y5 release date was June 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.45" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, MT6739 processor, and 3020mAh battery.

June 2018
Release Date
Reviews