• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Awake/up time, its not sleeping?????

factory reset will wipe a few things on the custom rom but I am guessing that the factory reset is no different than when I do flash a new rom..I always wipe 2x and then flash the new rom...and then as usual ONE day later my phone stops sleeping..thanks for trying to help..wish I had this solution as I can never get my phone fully set up because i keep checking to see if I am going to make it past a day..

Upvote 0
factory reset will wipe a few things on the custom rom but I am guessing that the factory reset is no different than when I do flash a new rom..I always wipe 2x and then flash the new rom...and then as usual ONE day later my phone stops sleeping..thanks for trying to help..wish I had this solution as I can never get my phone fully set up because i keep checking to see if I am going to make it past a day..

Doh on my part - yep, bootloader wipe should do it.

Using Clockwork Mod or Amon Ra? If Clockwork, see comment in red here:

[Kernel]netarchy-toastmod, Current Version: 4.1.7 - xda-developers

Also - you tried the radio trick?

And Mobile data not always on? (Does that even apply to you?) Ditto for Sprint vs. Automatic roam (but set to automatic for actual travel).

PS - I seem to recall that top is supported by the shell (adb) - have you looked at that?

Upvote 0
OK, it was buried in that thread's first post - here you go:

Download the free Network app from the Market. (Network by Philipp Mangelow)

Start it, and scroll down until you see "CDMA auto (PRL)" - change it to "GSM auto (PRL)" - exit Network; re-start Network then change back to "CDMA auto (PRL)" - and finally, go to Menu-> Settings-> System updates-> Update PRL

This sounds like majick snake oil but it's not - it's an idiosyncrasy of the phone's hardware and firmware.

~~~~~

Try mobile data off and roaming on Sprint, pls.

~~~~~

top is a shell command to dynamically show top cpu-hogging processes - better than a snapshot.

I'll have to play and then hand a command line example - will try for that later, have to run at the moment.

Reactions: Tjmontan
Upvote 0
problem is now worse..normally I could flash a new rom and the awake=sleep bug would not get me till day 2..today this is what I did--was running Calks v1.1 so i factory reset, formated sd card from the phone, wiped, flashed a new ROM (Sprint Lovers) and now MY awake=uptime issue has started only an hour in?? WTF!! All I did was load my exchange email acct and that is it...???

Upvote 0
EarlyMon any chance I can email some of these logs and maybe get a little direction..no so clear on what I am looking at> I do know this..I loaded a stock rooted rom (Steelh--sweet rom) and had an incredible one day again..super battery life and phone slept like a baby..today all was good until I charged the phone..since the charging of the phone--no more sleepy time>> this is really driving me nuts..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones