• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone battery died during recovery, now black screen

RaceBennon

Lurker
Jan 19, 2019
Hi all,
so this is my first time here and hope you all will be able to help me ...Here's the whole situation,

Okay so i have this cheap chinese phone from some company called Laude S800, it was stuck on the logo so i decided to factory reset it, went into recovery, selected 'back up user data', mid way phone battery died (yes, yes ... stupid me) ... so i put it on charging and later tried the same, selected recovery mode and found out that all i can see is black screen after i select Recovery Mode option, even tried other option like Normal Boot but the result is the same black screen
When i start normally, its still black screen ... in short i have no display ... the most i get is those 3 options,
1. Recovery Mode
2. Fastboot mode
3. Normal Boot

Any help to get back into recovery mode and see oue great green android bot buddy again?
Or did i just crashed the Android Recovery tool as well lol ...

Last edited:
Well in my experience "back up user data" isn't usually a option of the stock recovery, so I'm not certain what else is different about this phone.

According to a quick web search that phone has a user-removable battery, so you could try removing the battery for a few minutes (to ensure that the semiconductor is fully discharged) then try again. There's a chance that it's some corrupt data in RAM or something like that.

Otherwise I really don't know: interrupting a firmware flash can cause real trouble, but interrupting a data backup logically shouldn't do anything more than mess up that backup. If you can find the stock firmware for that phone you might be able to reflash it (that's what fastboot mode is for). If you can install fastboot on a computer you might be able to use it to clear the system cache partition, but it would be a bit weird if that were blocking recovery mode.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Well in my experience 'back up user data' isn't usually a option of the stock recovery, so I'm not certain what else is different about this phone.

According to a quick web search that phone has a user-removable battery, so you could try removing the battery for a few minutes (to ensure that the semiconductor is fully discharged) then try again. There's a chance that it's some corrupt data in RAM or something like that.

Otherwise I really don't know: interrupting a firmware flash can cause real trouble, but interrupting a data backup logically shouldn't do anything more than mess up that backup. If you can find the stock firmware for that phone you might be able to reflash it (that's what fastboot mode is for). If you can install fastboot on a computer you might be able to use it to clear the system cache partition, but it would be a bit weird if that were blocking recovery mode.

Thanks a lot Hadron, well your right after checking what normal Android options look like, it would appear Laude S800 has its own flavour of stock firmware ... Just for reference I found the exact Android recovery boot screen that I got when I tried recovery, please see attached image

Attachments

• IMG_20190120_222349.jpg
    IMG_20190120_222349.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply! After leaving the battery out for a while and putting it back again and connecting to my PC,.I was able to see the logo of Laude, which is a plus! Now will try to flash a rom on it again! Thanks for the link for ROM, will give it a try ... Any good links or tutorials on how to flash the ROM as I've never done it before?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones