• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone battery does not last over 3 hours.....WiFi not syncing/turning off.

Paulina0618

Lurker
Oct 11, 2010
So, I put my phone on my charger overnight and take it off the following morning. 3-4 hours later it`s dead. This has not always been an issue it started a week ago and has become worse with each passing day. The phone also gets hot just sitting there or being plugged into the charger. This used to also not be an issue.

Another issue I have is that sometimes when I turn WiFi on, it will either not sync or when I go to turn it off it seems to be stuck. The icon will be blue and showing that its disconnecting but won`t disconnect and seems to get stuck. I have to restart the phone to get it to shut off.

What could be making my battery drain so fast? My WiFi is usually turned off, and I have app killer, and notifications are not turned on. My battery used to last about 3 hours of talk plus 3-4 hours or iheart radio, now I'm lucky if it survives a 2 hour call without dying and overheating.... Any advice? Samsung Vibrant running original os version.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones