1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone became buggy

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fdnj48, Aug 24, 2012.

1. fdnj48

fdnj48 Android Enthusiast

My S3 has been flawless since I got it and all of a sudden today it started acting buggy as hell. It's running very slow and hot and it's lagging with almost everything I do. I haven't installed any new apps or anything since last night and haven't made any settings changes. Not sure why it started doing this. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm trying to get some opinions before I go and to a factory reset on it

2. Mar

Mar Well-Known Member

Try to see if there is an app that is trying to sync and can't do it. Also have you loaded any new music, photos, videos that might be corrupted and so the phone is trying to read them but can't?

3. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

did you try a battery pull?

4. fdnj48

fdnj48 Android Enthusiast

There is nothing that is having issues syncing that I can tell, and in the 24 hours before I posted this I hadn't loaded any new music, pics, videos or anything.

Yeah I have a few times already.

5. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member

Yes! This (now POS) phone started this yesterday and, in the process, trashed ,my 32-GB SD card -- and everything on it! While, yeah, I have backups, that is not my concern.

Now, this piece of garbage won't play any MP3 files because it complains about thumbnails that are corrupt! I found out where they are -- but because this piece of junk won't let me actually MOUNT the filesystem, I can't remove the corrupted files.

If I have to factory restore this to get it working again, I'm going to the Verizon store to see if I can replace it.

On a calmer note (sorry -- pretty worked up about this), does anyone known how to actually MOUNT the filesystem so I can remove the corrupted thumbnail files?

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

How will replacing it be better than resetting?

It does not have UMS, MTP only.

7. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member

Only from the standpoint that it overheated on it's own, and I'd like to think I got a faulty unit. IF they replace that with another one, it might NOT overheat on its own.

Resetting leaves me with a phone that spontaneously overheats -- trashing the internal and SD filesystems in the process.

8. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Spontaneously happens nothing. Full stop.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews