• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Blackout Instead of Log In

So, to start off with, I'm 15. I'm 15 and I can't tell my mom about this problem because she'll be disappointed in me, and I don't want her to be.
So - I just woke up this afternoon and the issue appeared seemingly overnight. I use a swipe code to unlock my phone but today it's not working. It tells me when I've got it wrong as it always has but now, when I get the code right my screen just blacks out and then brings me right back to where I began instead of letting me, yaknow, into my phone.
I've tried everything I can think of(trying to open via mic, via camera, click a notification then swipe, opening my phone w/ the charging cord in, charging cord out, etc)
I'd appreciate any help or advice!! Thank you!! (I'm just assuming my phone is an E4, I don't know which kind of Motorola it is, sorry <3

Attachments

• ezgif.com-resize.mp4
    2.5 MB · Views: 156
do you know your google account info? if so you can do a hard reset, but you will need to enter your google acct info to get the phone up and running again.
Aah thank you sm! This is really good advice but APPARENTLY one of my friends knows phone stuff and gave me a much simpler way to fix the problem!! Thank you again though <3 <3

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones