• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone book and message app not lagging

I've never heard or seen of this problem before... and I've got almost 300 contacts in my list so I wouldn't think that it's related to a lot of contacts... perhaps it's another app that you've got installed causing it but I'll suggest some things to try to see if you can resolve it... It is certainly not normal. My default contact is the one that comes installed with the phone, it isn't a third party contact app. My SMS/MMS app that I use is the Verizon Message+ ( I've also used the stock texting app without issues ).

First, to play it safe. Backup all contacts, pictures, documents etc to another computer or cloud storage. Some of these suggestions will wipe everything off of the phone if that is what's needed. First, I'll suggest things that shouldn't erase everything.

If you are using other 3rd party apps for Contacts and/or Text Messaging. Try uninstalling those and setting the default apps back as the default.

Try clearing the cache partition... ( if you don't know how, a google search should give you instructions to follow ). After completed, reboot and test.

To see if it's another program you've installed... boot into safe mode. Then test again. If they work ok now, then it's something you've installed. The only way to find out which or what is to uninstall each app you've installed until things work properly again. As I mentioned before, start with the obvious 3rd party apps that are contact and/or text related.

If you are still having problems... the last resort is to reset your phone back to the default. This will erase everything on your phone so make sure to back everything you need up. You'll find the option for a Factory Data Reset in the Settings area under Backup & Reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones