1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone book names disappeared in car since Android ICS update

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Sutton Villan, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Sutton Villan

Sutton Villan Lurker

Hi everyone - New member so please go easy! I've come here for some tech help.

I have my HTC Sensation connected via Bluetooth to my Audi car. When I was running Android 2 when I accessed the phone book through the car's interface I could see the contact names.

However, since upgrading to Android 4, all I see now is the phone number.

Does anyone know how I can get the names to appear again? Is it a new security setting in ICS? I don't want to have to memorize phone numbers again like the days before mobile phones!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lp_android

lp_android Lurker

i reply here (although I don't know the solution ), because I have a rather similar problem:

The other day I connected my android phone to my pc, and done a software update (as already 1.000 times before..). This time it upgraded itself to android 4. After restarting my phone first it appeared that my contact list was empty, but I have done something (to be honest I dont remember what), and then now I have my contacts back, but all is uneditable. So if I wanted to change something in one of my contacts (say: change the number) I could not do it.

I started the upgrade, because so far none of the updates have done anything to my contact list: it all remained intact.
    If I knew that updating to android 4.0 would 'hurt' my contacts, I would have been more cautious with starting the update (for example I would have made some safety backups, etc).

Any ideas to this phenomenon?
    Same experience anyone?
    Thanks in advance!

lp

3. lp_android

lp_android Lurker

sorry.. sorry.. OK, to answer my previous post: all the contacts are editable, just an extra push of the menu button.. I should have read the new features of the SW.. sorry again..
    (to be honest i find the older UI appearance easier to understand..)