• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Button On BT Headset - Start Google Assistant

MikeyMing

Lurker
Aug 12, 2022
Hi,

I have a Sens Evo 10C Bluetooth motorcycle headset. How can I configure my phone to start google assistant when I press the phone button on the headset.

I have followed the documentation for remapping Bixby button, but it doesn't have any effect on the button on external headsets.

But the headset does not listen all the time. The Voice channel only opens on request, like if I open Google assistant on the phone.

When I press the button on the headset currently it starts Bixby (or at least it tries at the moment but I have disabled Bixby but it still starts it even though it's not logged in)

I want this button to start Google assistant. That was the default behaviour on all previous phones.

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones