1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone call abruptly disconnects and touch screen becomes unresponsive, help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Avazee, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Avazee

Avazee Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    I've had this issue happen a few times, so I disregarded it, but a few hours ago it happened 3 times in a row. Here is what happens:

I'm in the middle of a phone call, and suddenly I hear a beep, and I look at the phone and the call was disconnected (I'm back on the 'Phone' screen). I then realize that the phone becomes unresponsive (the screen doesn't respond, same thing goes for the Home/Menu/Back/Search buttons).

The only thing I can do is press the top 'Off/Lock' button to shut off the screen, then press it again, and everything goes back to normal.

This happened 3 times within 5 minutes.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, any advice/solutions?

My phone is stock, no rooting or roms. I've downloaded a few apps from Android market and that's about it.

My 30-day purchase window is up in about a week, so I'd like to get this resolved before then to avoid any headaches.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Have you by chance installed any new apps recently that you could possibly relate to the issue?

3. Avazee

Avazee Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    Not that I know of. I just uninstalled handcent so ill see if that helps, but its going to take a long time if I have to do trial and error with all my installed apps.

Also, I have noticed just today that my keyboard, when using horizontally, has delays. Does anyone else have this problem?

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    If you can't pin it down soon, I'd get a new one since you're in the 30 day window. It's either that or a factory reset when all else fails and if you're going to go to that hassle, might as well set up a NEW phone instead.

5. Avazee

Avazee Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    Well, I uninstalled my Google Voice app, and I haven't gotten the problem for about 3 days now. So I think it may be something weird/glitchy with the Google Voice app.

Has anyone else experienced any issues/glitches with the GV app?

6. bbeachlife

bbeachlife Lurker
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    I had the same problem and it has gotten progessively worse. Now is also makes conference calls in addition to hanging up constantly. They asked about apps downloaded but I had none. We reset my phone anyway back to factory default and it did no good. And my warranty went out 2 weeks before