1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Phone call audio not going to BT device

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by REALOldNick, Feb 19, 2016.

1. REALOldNick

REALOldNick Member
    None

Jun 2, 2012
    I had Android 4.4.4 and have updated now to 5.1. The propblem below applies to both systems

I have just bought a BlueTooth audio receiver. It pairs and connects OK. Music is fine. Maps nav works. Even the phone ring sound works if I place or receive a call.

But the actual voice on the phone still goes to the phone's audio system and not BT.

Is there a way to fix this, please? I do not have access to another BT audio device to see if it is caused by the receiver. I do have access to other Android phones.

Thanks for any help

Nick

Advertisement

2. REALOldNick

REALOldNick Member
    None

Jun 2, 2012
    hmmm...Maps doesn't work either, now. This pretty much makes BT uesless on my phone. :(

Edit: Maps does work. The newer version has an _option_ to work with BT devices and it defaults to off. sigh!

It is definitely specific to the phone. I have just tried a tablet and Maps works fine as do phone calls

Nick

#2 REALOldNick, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  3. REALOldNick

REALOldNick Member
    None

Jun 2, 2012
    wow this is incredibly lame

Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen)

The second generation Moto G launched in September of 2014. It's the successor to the original Moto G released in 2013. The Moto G 2nd Gen features a 5.0-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 8GB of storage, 1GB RAM, 8MP rear camera, 2 MP front facing camera, and a 2,070 mAh battery.