• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Phone call audio not going to BT device

REALOldNick

Jun 2, 2012
I had Android 4.4.4 and have updated now to 5.1. The propblem below applies to both systems

I have just bought a BlueTooth audio receiver. It pairs and connects OK. Music is fine. Maps nav works. Even the phone ring sound works if I place or receive a call.

But the actual voice on the phone still goes to the phone's audio system and not BT.

Is there a way to fix this, please? I do not have access to another BT audio device to see if it is caused by the receiver. I do have access to other Android phones.

Thanks for any help

Nick

hmmm...Maps doesn't work either, now. This pretty much makes BT uesless on my phone. :(

Edit: Maps does work. The newer version has an _option_ to work with BT devices and it defaults to off. sigh!

It is definitely specific to the phone. I have just tried a tablet and Maps works fine as do phone calls

Nick

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones