1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

phone call blocking

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by wondersam, Feb 13, 2016.

1. wondersam

wondersam Newbie

lately, I've had an increase in the telemarketer/radio show listen to our broadcast spam calls

is their any way I turn my phone calls to auto-reject numbers I don't recognize? It's become a bit ridicoulus getting 25 phone calls over night that I ended up setting up call blocking from 7pm to 7am.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

you can set the phone to ignore any call not in your Contacts List.
    or you can send them all to Voice Mail and most folks just hang up when they get that.
    you can set the phone to answer/drop the call immediately.

depends on the dialer you are using.
    try this one, it has most of the options I listed.

* ExDialer - Dialer & Contacts - One I use

this dialer has a feature that I use everyday.

looking for Sams Plumbing?
    type in 'plu' and all the plumbers in your contacts will show up.
    or type 'sam' and all of the contacts that have the three letters 'sam' pop up with 'sam' being first and the others following that.

tube517 likes this.
  3. wondersam

wondersam Newbie

the thing is, is that their just robo-calls they use to call me from all over the us now they just phone numbers near me

4. AZgl1500

even so, the same above applies, if they are not in your Contact List, have the dialer "ignore" them with the click/hangup routine, they are gone.

if you want to do it manually, just keep pressing the ####### about five times, and it won't call you back. those things are looking to hear a Human Voice, not an answering machine. if it hears "hello?" then a salesman follows up and calls you...

or, do as I did a while back.... if the caller is NOT in my Contacts List, they automatically get sent to Voice Mail, and that voice mail is a recording that just goes on forever and ever and ever.

5. Stiflerx

Stiflerx Lurker

Well, there have been many answers. I personally never use that services. I just ignore any call if it comes from number I don't recognize. I sometimes look up the number on Google or sites like http://whycall.me to see if people have reported the number as scam, so that I can manually block the number.

AZgl1500 likes this.
  6. AZgl1500

and that is how I handle it.... if I know the caller is bogus, I use the #### and they go away.
    if I just don't want to deal with it, it gets the 'ignore' button.
    if I am too busy, it goes to voice mail..... 95% of callers will not leave a voice mail.