1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Phone call by ERISK???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nyzur, Aug 10, 2011.

1. nyzur

nyzur Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    Not sure if this belongs here, but I recently got a phone call that wouldn't stop ringing, callerr id said "erisk" like a dumbass i answered it but there was no sound, and also doesn't come up in call logs. Has anyone else experienced this, it seemed pretty strange.

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    A wrong number from some VOIP service perhaps?

3. magnetick

magnetick Lurker
    None

Aug 11, 2011
    I had the same thing happen. The screen was not my normal call screen but it was an android screen that I have seen on someone elses phone. I call ATT and HTC to inquire about it. HTC suggested that I wipe my phone in case some malware was installed. I answered the call and some phone date was displayed. I hit the "i" icon and the phone said it was connecting. Niehter ATT or HTC new what this was but they were both suspicious. My fear is this is a new way to steal personal data. I will wipe my phone tonight, what a pain it will be to re-install everything!

4. ib123

ib123 Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    I have received calls from this ERISK thing also, just received on this morning at 3 AM. I turned down the volume on the ringer and ignored it. I thought the ringing would stop, when I went and checked my phone 6 hours later, the phone was still ringing. I turned the phone off to disconnect the call. I did not answer the phone. This has happened before and I suspect some type of Phishing. Do not answer your phone, turn it off immediately!!!

5. ColonelPackage

None

Aug 15, 2011
    My daughter's phone has received that call as well, twice that I know of. I try to answer and it sits in the "connecting" state for quite some time and refuses to hang up.

I pressed the little "i" (info) button and it provides more detail about the call. It says its from "asterisk@sip...." so its definitely some sort of voip call. The strangest thing is that there is NO record of the missed call. In fact, there was one for a moment in my notification bar. I pulled it down, could see that there was a missed call from "erisk" and then it disappeared before I could select it. This call does not show up in the call history.

Something is strange. Anybody know how to block this call?

6. sarah32746

sarah32746 Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    You're not the only one! I've been called by ERISK recently it would NOT stop ringing and vibrating so when I picked is it was very weird. It was not like a regular phone call. I had to slide it either way and one was accept and one was decline. Of course, I picked up and it just said connecting for a long time. I hung up then ended up getting another call. I also hung up agian on that one. I was a little freaked out, so I went to check my recent call list and there was nothing in it. I was now totallly confused o_O

7. greidys

greidys Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    The same things has been happening to me, the name pops up in a diffrent phone display and it stays connecting until it goes to miss call. It's getting me a little scared cause the name it self is e risk I wonder if its going to do any damage to my phone

8. sjakins

sjakins Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    I have received 2 calls from this place. The first was a few weeks ago at about 12:30 Am and then again this morning at about 4:30 AM. The same symptoms are there. There is a green button to answer and a red button to terminate the call. Neither of these work. It is very irritating. It would be nice to know who is initiating these calls so they can be reported.

9. moby1kenobi

moby1kenobi Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    I have an evo shift and have received two of these calls in the last three days. They are not "calls", they are somehow related to wifi. I KNOW this because I am in Colombia right now and there is no Sprint service here. This is also the reason it does not show up in your call history. It is being received similar to a Groupon update, or an email received notification. It must have been connected to an an app we have all downloaded (perhaps not willingly). It is very odd that the potential "trap" is not working when we try to answer. Don't want to wipe my phone, but may have to if this continues.

10. Ross985

Ross985 Lurker
    None

Aug 28, 2011
    Same Here! I have a galaxy prevail by boost. I received the same erisk call twice. I post alot of ads on craigslist. Do you guys have ads on cl? I'm thinking this may be where its coming from , but like everyone else i have no idea what it is.

11. Ross985

Ross985 Lurker
    None

Aug 28, 2011
    Maybe its the FBI collecting info

12. Godsreign1

Godsreign1 Lurker
    None

Aug 28, 2011
    any body got any true answers yet.... this is not cool. i have the same problem everyone else is having.

Erisk is some crap. 1 in the morning ? made me want to hurt my phone. and i love my phone.

13. magnetick

magnetick Lurker
    None

Aug 11, 2011
    Getting the samething but this time the call is from "nown". I am connected to wi-fi when this happens. I reject the call when it happens. Thanks to Moby for recognizing the possible link to being connected to wi-fi. This forum is the most information I can find on this problem. As a precaution, I would not do any banking on a phone for which you have accepted this call.

14. LongIsland

LongIsland Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Hello, I see this thread has been quiet for some time so not sure if any still having this problem. I was having it a while back and think I figured it out. Search the market for "air push detector". I think it was due to one of the apps on my phone- I cant remember which one. I did it a while ago and have meaning to get back to this board to update...anyway, the air push detector found an app on my phone and once I deleted the app there were no more of the erisk calls.