1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Phone Call Display Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by troch, Jun 10, 2010.

1. troch

troch New Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I find that when I am on a call, I used to be able to tilt the phone and the display would come back and I could end the call if I wanted. I was prompted for some ROM update this week, and since then, this functionality has gone - it doesn't matter what buttons I press, the screen doesn't come back. This will be a hassle, especially if I didn't intend calling a person, etc...

Has anyone else had this problem, or know of a fix?

Advertisement

2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    UK
    Any dirt where the sensor is?

3. troch

troch New Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Where is the sensor? I thought it was the normal inner phone sensor. I try any button, and nothing brings the screen back, so I can't hang up a call ever - I have to wait every time for the other person to hang up.

4. tanbe174

tanbe174 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    the sensor is on the top left corner (near the HTC logo). Did you try restart/reboot your phone ?

5. troch

troch New Member

Jun 10, 2010
    No dirt - the phone is only 3 weeks old. It really gets annoying when you listen to voicemail and can't use the screen to delete, save, etc your messages - you need to wait till they're finished, then remove the battery... I might factory reset it...

6. lekky

lekky Lover

have you tried pressing the power in button?

7. troch

troch New Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I have tried every button and button combination. It used to work when I took it away from my ear - I didn't have to press any button. Now, I have to remove the battery to hang up!

8. jhaquo

jhaquo Member

Jun 12, 2010
    uh, hi
    i have the exact same problem, except i bought the phone from someone in a nearly new condition, and the first time i called i had the same problem.
    i tried different proximity sensors application and none gave any response (stayed on 0). i called htc (they SUCK at tech support) and the transporter is coming back tomorow to take the phone back to tech support...

9. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Hull, UK
Tags: