• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone call not ringing goes straight to v-mail

camphill

Jul 9, 2010
Anyones phone not ringing? Very random and goes straight to voice mail. Sitting right next to me with full bars and notifies of waiting voice mail. Happens a few times a week. Sometimes I'm connected to wifi sometimes happens off of wifi (not that that should have anything to do with it).

Any ideas?

Anyones phone not ringing? Very random and goes straight to voice mail. Sitting right next to me with full bars and notifies of waiting voice mail. Happens a few times a week. Sometimes I'm connected to wifi sometimes happens off of wifi (not that that should have anything to do with it).

Any ideas?
My wife's S4 did that earlier this week and a restart fixed it...at least for now. Something to keep an eye on.

Upvote 0
This has also happened to me several times and unless the caller leave's a voice mail then the call doesn't even show up in the call logs. I had the Note 2 and cannot remember it happening with that phone. I am also on Verizon so maybe an issue with them.
Just came over from Sprint, same thing happened to me. Don't know the reason, but it is very annoying.

Upvote 0
I've been having that problem with Sprint for months now. I think it just amounts to the carrier dragging their feet on sending calls through. I had two phones on Sprint integrated with google voice so I could ring other phones. I started timing ring time on other phones. I found that voicemail took over at about 35 seconds, Sprint would ring phone between 25 to 35+ seconds, ATT would ring around 15 seconds and my IP phone would ring in under 10 seconds. So I found if I only carried my Sprint phone I would miss 50% of my calls.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones