1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

phone call screen time out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by macymann89, Feb 4, 2011.

1. macymann89

macymann89 Lurker

so when ever i make phone calls my screen instantly shuts off. why this is an issue is whenever i call credit card companies or other places that require input it is such a hassle! i enter 3 numbers then my screen times out then i have to re-enter my pattern lock. i have tried so many things to solve this issue. it isnt pattern lock... it isnt the screen time out function because i have it set for 30 min. my phone was on the power save function and i tried turning that off but still no luck :/ any advice on how to adjust this setting so i can enter a full credit card number and not have press the power button 14 times?
    thanks
    will

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rynlpin

rynlpin Well-Known Member

It's bizarre you're experiencing that. I always thought the Galaxy S had some kind of motion sensor that sensed when you moved the phone away from your ear to hang up or use the keypad etc.

3. iphoneHTR

iphoneHTR Lurker

I'm experiencing the same problem, I'll keep on searching for a fix or hack. So if anyone that know how to change some kind of secret settings, please chime in.

4. ChipD22

ChipD22 Newbie

I am having sort of the same issue with my galaxy s2, not when entering numbers but when I make a call a lot of times i need to hit extensions or even just to hang up I have to power up the screen again, why would it timeout in the first few seconds while you are making a call? seems like a stupid feature

5. jhabry

jhabry Lurker

I’m having the same issues and it’s obvious we’re not alone. Doesn’t anyone have an answer to this?...

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews