• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone calling question/black screen

DenaliSlew

Lurker
Aug 16, 2010
I've had my droid (Verizon Motorola Droid) now for two whole days, a big step up from my old phone, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not.

When I make phone calls SOMETIMES, not every time, the screen goes black and no amount of sunlight, or movement will get it back to the keypad so that I can end the call. I need to slid the phone open and close it so that I can end the call. A bit of a pain in the butt. Same goes for checking voicemail. That makes it difficult. I was trying to replicate it today and of course it was totally fine. The other thing it does (again, sometime, not everytime) is when I pull the phone away from my ear the screen is there, but very quickly goes to black so that I can not end the call. I have a case on it and wonder if that could be blocking the sensor or something? Regardless I wonder if other people have this problem.

Thanks a lot for any advice!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones