• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone calls not taking priority over other sounds?

TAWM

Sep 10, 2010
I have looked and cannot find the answer to this puzzle.
The other day my wife came home and said that while she was talking on the phone she got a text message. She has a "Joe Dirt" sound notification for it and said that it began to play loud in the phone while she was talking. The other person could not hear it but she could. Today I am using RingDroid to make a ring tone and I get a call. The screen switches over to answer or not answer with no other options meanwhile the song is still playing. I figure if I answer the phone the call will over ride the music... wrong! As soon as I answer the music stops in the speaker and starts playing through the ear piece really loud. I can barely hear the other person through the music so I put them on hold while I try to navigate back to ringdroid which has vanished so I can push stop. While I'm trying to get back to it, it finally stops because it was set to play for 30 seconds. I go back to the call and ask if they heard that and they say no. This has to be fixed. What do I need to do?
Thank you in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones