• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Calls on Lock Screen

BRG, do you use Microsoft exchange for any of your accounts? I found that they required additional securities, that will allow THEM to wipe out my phone. My work around was to use a Gmail account instead of Microsoft Exchange, but that costed me some features that I did like. If you don't use Exchange...never mind:)

Upvote 0
I use EAS (microsoft) and no issue with it.

OP,

its perhaps some 3rd party app or tangled cace causing you issues.

did you reboot the phone?
Are you rooted?

clear the phone's cache and then try a test call (search the internet to find out how to wipe the phone's cache)

other than a reboot/app cache flush, its going to be difficult to give salient help over the internet.

Upvote 0
I don't use enterprise, so I can scratch that.

I checked third party stuff, but I hadn't installed anything new in a while. Of course, updates are so frequent it could have been an update.

Out of frustration, I reset the phone. I hadn't done it since I got the thing, so I decided to just bite the bullet and knock the cob webs off.

That did the trick.

Thanks for the help,
BigRedGonzo.

Upvote 0
Yeah some things are hard to diagnose over the internet. I could have been anything, but it doesn’t sound like it would be common to the integrity of the pone and its software.

We all have many apps on our devices ( i have about 150 easily) plus large amounts of photos and full hd files. Nonetheless, its good to hear this cured it.

And hey, you get to spring clean your device early... :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones