1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone cases for the 3500Mah battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ry024, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Ry024

Ry024 Lurker

I just got the 3500 Mah battery and it's battery performance has been alot better, the only problem is I havent been able to find any protective cases that fit the larger back cover.
    Have you guys seen anything around that will fit the extended back case? or any diy self ways to protect the phone as much as possible?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. paarlberg

paarlberg Newbie

I am looking for the same. There was one DIY for the humpback extended battery for the Esteem that looked good. It used one of the hybrid cases and modified the extended case.

If I had a spare original cover, I would try some things, but I don't.

3. lowlab

lowlab Newbie

Yeah i've been looking for a spare original cover ,no luck as of yet

4. LGconnect

LGconnect Member

LG protective case that fits the extended battery.

LG Connect 4G Waterproof Protective Case

5. paarlberg

paarlberg Newbie

That sucks, yellow isn't my color :hmmmm:

6. LGconnect

LGconnect Member

yellow is an awesome color! lmao

7. Ry024

Ry024 Lurker

Eh, not the type of case I had in mind. It's a little bulky to be carrying around that thing and opening and closing it every time I want to check the time. Thanks, for trying though, if you ever run into a regular case for the extended battery, please don'r hesitate to update this thread and let me know.

8. THE W

THE W Android Expert

yes, i would love for my phone to look like a deluxe PEZ dispenser.

9. DroidFan83

DroidFan83 Member

Can someone measure the thickness of the extended battery? I'm curious about exactly how much thicker it is. Thinking about the modified case option like was done on the esteem.

10. lowlab

lowlab Newbie

i been hunting for a ms840 OEM back.. to try and to a mod to a hybrid case.

11. Ry024

Ry024 Lurker

Anything new? It sucks worrying about dropping this little computer all the time.

12. lowlab

lowlab Newbie

i hear ya i been using the 1900mah until i find the case for the extended

13. THE W

THE W Android Expert

i figure people get cases for cosmetic purposes. they're not gonna protect your phone from being damaged if you drop it.

14. DroidFan83

DroidFan83 Member

I agree that is likely the case for many, but otterbox cases have really impressed me before. I've seen one of those thrown at a wall with an iPhone in it. I think the general thought (outside of the cosmetics of course) is to have something that will absorb the shock of the fall or at least break in place of the phone's own plastics. Better to break the case than the $300 phone. Also most cases tend to add a little extension out from the screen border that can in some cases keep the screen from hitting the surface (assuming you are lucky enough that it is flat). Personally I just like having something adding depth to somewhat protect the screen and have something to keep from cracking the phone plastics.

This is just my opinion on the subject.

15. lowlab

lowlab Newbie

i wrote Qcell the guys i bought the 3850 mah from.the reply i got

Hi **********

Thanks for your support in our product.

We are looking into manufacturers for the extended battery case. Hopefully it will be ready soon. I'll inform you once we do supply it.

Thank you
    Stephen

--- Original message ---

hey i bought the QCell MetroPCS LG Connect 4G MS840 3850mAh Extended Battery + FREE Battery cover ,from you guys and i am very happy with the product ..Im writing in reguards to see if you guys could get a "Protective Cover" or Phone Bumper for this phone. If you go to the android Forums for this phone you'll see that there a need for one that would fit the phone with the extended battery on ,people who own the Lg Viper are going through the same thing .Just wanted to drop you a line to see if you could get that.

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews