1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support phone charges very slowly, somtimes not at all

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zarjazc, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Zarjazc

Zarjazc Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2013
    It takes around 5-6 hours to get a full charge, and sometimes when i leave it charging at night, it doesn't charge at all. Sometimes it stops charging and it says that it's fully charged, but when you unplug the phone it's still at the same percentage. A "voltage too high, charging paused error" pops up sometimes as well.

It's not the battery or chargers because i've tried multiple chargers and I've tried my brothers battery as well. The charging port looks undamaged. it looks exactly like my brothers.

Could this be from a shady app? it started around the time i downloaded something "shady", like a music download app. Would a system reformat fix my problem?

Advertisement

2. caguilar

caguilar Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2012
    I cannot post pics because I don't have enough posts but I also charge very slowly. Sometimes not at all. Sometimes it says fully charged when I unplug it and drops to 40% or less within a couple minutes but then seems to discharge normally after that. I haven't tried another charger but this seems to be a really common issue with this phone so I don't think it will help. Has anyone found a solution?

3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    The only non root thing you can really try is reflash the official firmware. Maybe its a kernel issue(?)

4. sinister357

sinister357 Newbie
    None

May 17, 2013
    try a different usb cable. i've had that same problem when i was using an older cable..the indicator would light up like its charging but its not really taking a charge - something to do with how the charging circuitry on the phone handles the charging current depending on the quality of the cable. my advise to you is try the original beefy oem usb cable.

5. jsmn4vu

jsmn4vu Newbie
    None

Aug 26, 2012
    Had a similar problem. Three chargers, three cables later, factory reset, re-flash along the way ... eventually AT&T replaced the phone. Seems all better now with the same chargers and cables.