1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone charging issues/Shows that it is charging even when not plugged in

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Thebrianhem, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Thebrianhem

Thebrianhem Lurker

Okay so a little while ago my phone stopped charging. It would be plugged in but wouldn't get a charge. It would vibrate every 5 seconds and the battery icon kept flashing until it finally died.

Yesterday, I replaced the USB board and plugged the phone in and it turned on and charged. After it hit 100% it turned off and was vibrating every 5 seconds again but this time I was able to turn it back on.

So now, it isn't plugged in but says it is charging. I can get rid of this but turning off the phone and removing the battery then turning back on. But it happens every time I charge.

So I am unsure if it shut down after getting to 100% because the phone keeps charging after reaching 100% and it shuts off as a safety measure. Or possibly something else. But the USB connector doesn't have any contact with anything else to cause a short.

Any Ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TrueMetalGeek

TrueMetalGeek Member

It's been going on since the 4.3 update.

About half the time mine no longer enters charge mode when I plug the cable in. Doesn't matter if it's my car charger or home charger. Granted my stock cable is plugged into my PC and not the wall adapter.

We are waiting for an update so don't hold your breath.

What I now do is make sure the charge indicator shows.
    If not I unplug and plug it in repeatedly until it does.
    Then it charges fine.

Last night I didn't make sure it was charging and this morning I started with a half charge. :-/

3. Thebrianhem

Thebrianhem Lurker

That is what I was thinking, but my phone is actually still on 4.2.2 because it broke before the 4.3 update was released and I cannot update yet. It could be an issue with both though I guess. But I got to look on the bright side, at least I got it back working!

4. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

God is charging your phone, man. :p

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews