• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone constantly disconnects from home wireless

All of a sudden the phone ( Z2 play) today connects to my home wireless and then disconnects itself. All other devices are working fine with my wireless. I have been troubleshooting for over an hour based on different forum tips.Very frustrated. I have also gone out of range, removed my secured wireless from the list and added it again when I got home. I did nothing different since yesterday.. Have phone for only 2 weeks. What's up? Advice?

I have been going through all the settings options as some people have suggested to others. I'm on the road. When I tried local wireless ( cable WiFi and optimum, my finger nternet provider,) it says connected, no WiFi. When I get home I will check my router status on computer to see if it's picking up this device. I'll also try optimum again
I tried going to airplane mode and then back and that didn't help. Will let you know router situation but all other devices are fine connecting. Visitor at my house this morning was able to connect to my wireless. So it must be something gone awry
overnight with my phone. Weird.

Upvote 0
I have been going through all the settings options as some people have suggested to others. I'm on the road. When I tried local wireless ( cable WiFi and optimum
Just to confirm, when you're referring to 'wireless', it is WiFi and not cellular (mobile data), yes? Both WiFi and cellular are wireless but they are also completely different from each other, especially as far as how your phone connects to either.

From where did you buy your phone? Online or a local retail store? If locally, have you tried taking it back and asking them to check the phone out?

Upvote 0
Yes wireless Internet.through my router. I found the problem! It's in some app called security and privacy which is from Verizon. For some reason , which must have come from a sudden update, the box was checked that said to always disconnect from the wireless connection. How troublesome this has been for me. Spread the word.. .I hope this helps others. Thank you for trying to help me. I'm going to call Verizon tomorrow about this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones