1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

phone contact auto-complete?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by caneaddict, Dec 27, 2012.

1. caneaddict

caneaddict Member

Recently switched to the Nexus 4 and the thing that bugs me the most is that I either have to go to contacts and find someone's info or enter their complete number from memory in the dialer. HTC and Samsung dialers both give suggestions as you enter a number in the dialer. So on my HTC if i dial 954 it will immediately start suggesting everyone with that sequence in their number. Heck on HTC i can just type the persons name in the dialer and the contact and number pop up. With my N4 there is no autosuggest even after dialing the contact's entire number (their name only pops up after hitting send). Any solutions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Speeds03

Speeds03 Android Enthusiast

import dialer from a SGS3??

caneaddict likes this.
  3. caneaddict

caneaddict Member

hmmmm, didn't think about using a 3rd party dialer. I just assumed i was missing something with the OEM Android dialer. Figured there had to be a way for the standard dialer to suggest contacts since this feature is in every other manufacturer phone.

What are the best STABLE dialer apps?

4. hstroph

hstroph Android Enthusiast

Not sure I'd want to go back to typing anything unless absolute privacy was needed... I have Utter! installed from the Play Store on my Nexus 4, and if I have a contact named "so-and-so" with a phone number, location address, email address, then all I have to do is pull-down the navigation bar, press the Utter! widget, and say "call so-and-so", or "text so-and-so", "navigate to ...", "email ..." etc. and the appropriate tool is started while being voice-prompted for any needed input. One can assign an alias to any contact too.

It's the 21st Century and I find myself in it, so I'm going to use the freely-available tools to enjoy it.

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews