• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone contact not displaying properly

KentGirl

Jun 3, 2010
Hi, I have some contacts that are NOT facebook contacts or on any social networks!
I want to be able to display their photo from a photo on my phone, or indeed a photo that I have bluetoothed from my PC. However, when I do this, it asks me to 'crop' the photo, which I do, and it simply displays just the top of their head in the little thumbnail! Even if I DONT crop it, I still get the top of their head.

Any ideas why this is happening, and how I can fix it??

I think you need to give us a bit more information. What is the resolution (pixel size) of the original photo that you are trying to assign to a contact? When you edit a contact (Menu | Edit) and click the photo icon, are you dragging the corners of the crop box so that they accurately reflect the portion of the photo that you want to see? When you say that just the top of the head is visible in the resulting icon, is the top the same as the top of the original photo? What percentage of the cropped image that you requested is actually reflected in the thumbnail? Are you using JPG images or some other unusual format? Have you tried experimenting with a photo that you have taken with the phone's camera (subject matter obviously does not matter for test purposes).

Some pictures of what you're doing might help.

If you're doing things correctly, it's likely that you have faulty software in your phone as I'm sure we'd have heard of this on this forum before now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones