• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Contacts, Moto Blur vs HTC Sync

lachambers1a

Apr 28, 2010
Has anyone noticed the difference from the Droid Incredibles contact search and the Droid X's search. I loved the way the DInc searches for the names. I just upgraded to the DX and that is one issue I'm not too found of.
Does anyone have any ideas how or what app could install for searching all your contacts like the DInc does?
You just type (on the dialer) the persons name or number and it comes up with the names in a list..
Thanks..

I haven't had a Dinc so I'm not sure if this is the same thing you are referring too or not...

I really, really like selecting a contact using T9 style dialing from within the phone dialer. That's missing from the motorola dialer. I use Dialer One (it's free) to add this functionality to the X. It replaces the preliminary dialer screen but it still uses the standard motorola dialer for the in-call screens. Highly recommended.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones