• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Control Key is visible in appl. list

ggualdi

Lurker
Dec 21, 2012
Hello, I've just installed Phone Control and also Phone Control Key in my son cell phone. But I still see the application in the appl. list and it is even possible ti un-install it without any restriction. I've also added the password to open the appl. but it is very strange as it is still visible and easy to un-install ..
Any indication on how to hide the appl. and restrict the un-installation ?
The phone is a LG 970 with Android 2.3 so it should be compatible with the latest feature above ..

Thank
Guido

OP, given that they are listed as separate apps in Google Play, it would stand to reason that they show up as such on your phone. Some devs include a feature that allows the app-key to hide itself from your view after a reboot. Assuming that option isn't there, you have two choices:
A. You can email the dev and see if that can be added in a future update to it
B. Install a replacement home launcher, as many of them include features that allow users to hide apps from their view.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones