1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone crashed and locked

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shttw, Oct 25, 2010.

1. shttw

shttw Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Well had been playing up a little with slow responses then last night fell over and would not work - unresponsive. batt pull - start up crash about 3 times.

Eventually I took the SD card out and all fine, in fact faster than ever so have ordered a class 6 to replace the ageing class 2. Hopefully this will improve things, does this seem normal or should I say - not unheard of?

SD card is about 3 years old.

Advertisement

2. DellyBelly

DellyBelly Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ops Manager
    Philadelphia
    Did you ever see if the new card made the difference? I could see it happening as if you have any apps running off of your SD card things would be slower compared to a C6 one.

3. Talderon

Talderon Android Expert

Feb 21, 2010
    Microsoft Corp. - Sr. Systems Engineer
    Seattle, WA
    The phone comes with a Class 4 (if you got it new) but I would suggest you get no less than a Class 6, ESPECIALLY if you are running anything off the SD. I have seen phones (not just Android) die from trying to suck data off a Class 2/4. It's like trying to put out a fire with a coffee stir stick when you need a fire hose.

4. Teknologic

Teknologic Android Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Belgium
    Really? I'm pretty sure mine came new with a class 2.
    I was gonna settle for a class 4 for my new card, thanks for informing :)

5. shttw

shttw Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Didn't use the supplied card. ANyway put in new class 6 and it was fine wehn blank and crashed wehn I put my stuff back on. Turned out to be a corrupt file. Don;t know which but uninstalled and re-installed my apps and all fine now.

However having lots of issues with the phone.

Really dissapointed to be honest - wish I'd kept my Blackberry bold as it was bullet proof and I mean totally faultless for over 2 years.

Going to try a root and get a modded rom and see where we are. If no improvements might sell it.

It's good when it's working but so frustrating that it can't hang onto a signal and the screen is tempramental too.

6. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Android Expert

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer
    New York
    Sorry it's not working out for you. You should always keep a back up just in case. Best of luck to you.

7. shttw

shttw Member

Sep 15, 2010
    It's just frustrating as google business apps makes it a very very powerful tool for my business but the hardware of the device is letting the side down.

Nothing insurmountable - just niggles but they get more annoying over time when not fixed.

It should just fuggin work :rolleyes:

2 calls dropped on me today talking to suppliers and that NEVER happened on blackberry.

8. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Android Expert

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer
    New York
    Dropped calls on AT&T is the nature of the beast. Had plenty of them on my iPhone 3G and have them also on my N1.

9. Snazzy

Snazzy Android Enthusiast

Jan 13, 2010
    My 16GB class 4 died yesterday. :( I was in a pickle as the phone will not dial without an SD so I picked up a $15.00 4GB card and will use until I can refund the 16GB. My wife has the 8GB card in her Galaxy i7500

10. shttw

shttw Member

Sep 15, 2010
    It's not the network, I am on voda uk same sim card.

Tags: