• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone crashed - photos/videos missing

thaKing How did you recover them from the SD card?
I don't recall the exact steps, but I used my pc and card reader. I used windows explorer and Bridge to browse the card's folders. I was able to find them that way and move them to the appropriate folder and make a backup. There was one corrupt image in the folder that caused files to be inaccessible (if I remember correctly). Removing that file fixed it all.

So I did not do anything special, really. If using a pc and browsing doesn't help there are many card recovery tools available that might help. Good luck!

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I don't recall the exact steps, but I used my pc and card reader. I used windows explorer and Bridge to browse the card's folders. I was able to find them that way and move them to the appropriate folder and make a backup. There was one corrupt image in the folder that caused files to be inaccessible (if I remember correctly). Removing that file fixed it all.

So I did not do anything special, really. If using a pc and browsing doesn't help there are many card recovery tools available that might help. Good luck!
Thanks I appreciate it. I don't have a separate SD card, just the internal one in the phone (if it comes with one). I have seen those recovery software but it requires rooting the phone which I know nothing about

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones