1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Phone crashed while updating apps, now some apps won't install.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crazydog, Dec 7, 2010.

1. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Student / Systems Analysis Assistant
    Flagstaff, AZ
    The other day I was updating a group of Apps, and my phone decided to crash while it was updating (yay?).

After booting, I tried to update them again, but I kept getting "Installation unsuccessful" messages.

I've tried so many things - uninstalling + redownloading doesn't work, restoring backups from Titanium doesn't work, restoring from Titanium, clearing data, and then uninstalling doesn't work..

Anyone have any advice?

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    try installing without your sd card in, if it works your sd card might be corrupted.

3. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Student / Systems Analysis Assistant
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I solved the problem.

After looking at the logs while trying to install an app, there was an error creating a file (or moving/deleting, I don't quite remember. :p)

Anyway, to fix it, first of all you need to be rooted (And who knows maybe you need to be rooted to have this happen, but I doubt it. Just a combination of some bad luck).

Go into your favorite filesystem browser, and navigate to /mnt/secure/asec/, and rename/move/delete the file 'smdl2tmp1.asec'. I renamed it simply to smdl2tmp1.asec.bak, and all the apps installed correctly.