1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone crashing when SIM card is inserted???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by matta0990, Sep 28, 2011.

1. matta0990

matta0990 Lurker
    None

Sep 28, 2011

Advertisement

2. matta0990

matta0990 Lurker
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    Hi, this problem is very strange and can

3. matta0990

matta0990 Lurker
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    Ok, after spending a good 2 hours again trying to solve this it looks like my phone is booting in airplane mode when using the Vodafone SIM card. So when i switch to a diffrent SIM card the phone boots fine in normal mode....

what gets me tho is I've recived a new SIM card from vodafone so suley all the settings ahve been wiped???

well i try and trun airplane mode off when i have the vodafone SIM card in (I also only have a 30 second window before the phone crashes) but it wont switch off, just keeps truning back on......

yet what annoys me the most is that i dont no if its my SIM card (as it works in other phones and its NEW) or if its my phone (as any other SIM card works fine and will load no problem)..... i think my phone has just had enough of the crap reception Vodafone supply..... lol

any ideas?????

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Any progress on this issue? Tbh it sounds like a duff SIM card when others allow normal operation.

edit: having seen your other thread I'm now aware it occurred with the original SIM too. That would seem to rule out the new one being at fault. All I can think of at this time of night is rebooting/resetting with another carrier's SIM (as you say that sorts it), swapping the Vodafone SIM in and then check that the correct APN details are being picked up from the network. The Vodafone web site should have them listed somewhere for comparison, or contact their support people.

Tags: