• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone dead after attempting to update from android 1.6 to 2.1

tronkster

Lurker
Dec 24, 2011
Got stuck on 4% on more than one occasion. Took out the battery pressed the volume down button. Tried again and again with no joy. Now the phone does not work full stop. I can still get into download mode but that's about all. Just want to get android 2.1. Any suggestions?

Got stuck on 4% on more than one occasion. Took out the battery pressed the volume down button. Tried again and again with no joy. Now the phone does not work full stop. I can still get into download mode but that's about all. Just want to get android 2.1. Any suggestions?

You need a program called KDZ updater and the correct version of a 2.1 ROM for your country.

KDZ is in this download KDZ Updater Europe Open.zip

A list of the 2.1 ROMs is here Stock 2.1

Connect your phone to you PC with a USB cable, and enter download mode.

Open KDZ updater and set PhoneMode to CS_EMERGANCY select the .kdz file you downloaded then start the update.

These instructions are pulled from dudeman's swiftdroid blog, I have never tried them myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones