• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone dead

Download the stock clock work mod recovery uploaded by perfectpunk.. its the StockROM.7z file in the skydrive link.. first extract it using 7zip and copy the folder to root of ur sdcard
Put it in your sd card using some other phone or microsd adapter
Pull out your battery
Press and hold the vol down and power button and then put in ur battery
In recovery, go to backup and restore, select restore and restore to stock using perfectpunk's backy

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=63420eda009d8e82&id=63420EDA009D8E82!250

Always and I mean ALWAYS have the stock recovery in the SD card before you mess with framework files (that includes changing roms as well)

Upvote 0
i really didnt do anything untowards and it isnt gta's rom.

i booted into recovery and cleared my battery stats. then went on to create a new backup. booted off and rebooted. thats it. i get to to the blue falling android screen and thats where it hangs. i didnt make it to the point of getting to flash gta's rom cos it was still downloading.

Upvote 0
ok what am gonna try and do is this: i have hybrid flashable zip on my lappy atm. am hookin my SD card to my nokia and dumping this file on the SD and gonna flash it. if anything has happened, this should fix it. i am almost done with the .7z download as well. 2 mins remaining. i will make a copy of the backup zip, replace the boot & system img files from the 7z file into this folder and flash it.

either way one has to work if you ask me.

Upvote 0
ok what am gonna try and do is this: i have hybrid flashable zip on my lappy atm. am hookin my SD card to my nokia and dumping this file on the SD and gonna flash it. if anything has happened, this should fix it. i am almost done with the .7z download as well. 2 mins remaining. i will make a copy of the backup zip, replace the boot & system img files from the 7z file into this folder and flash it.

either way one has to work if you ask me.

Hey I guess this is problem of framework.
Download the ICS transitions framework by Sam and flash it and see if your phone boots up.

Upvote 0
i back up everytime i go into recovery.

ok here is what i did. i unzipped the entire 7z archive into my SD card/CWM/backup/ folder and loaded the hybrid rom on the root of the card. restored the back up from playfulgod's backup and its back online.

now i gotta restore the data and apps from the backup. thanks for the help guys.
try my rom if u can.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones