• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone demands password though not set up to require same.

gmermel

Nov 15, 2009
All of a sudden the phone screen went dark and took me to the unlock screen. Except it's requiring a password which is not how I use the phone.

What the heck? And is there a way to log into the phone without doing a reset? How do I reset given the phone is locked?

Solved. Phonelocater PRO apparaently decided to play a trick on me. The hint was that when I entered a stock password like 1234 I got the app's icon on a screen for like 2 seconds, then back to the lock screen. Using the admin password for the app opened the phone, and resetting the lock screen settings fixed it.

With my family in Europe AND since it happened when I personally pulled down the notification bar when it locked up if it was someone messing with my phone I'm gonna sell my house.

That or submit the screenplay. I'd call it "The Phone at the End of the Street", or "Call the Exorcist" or something.....

Thanks everyone.

Reactions: ocnbrze and Harry2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones