• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone dialer lag? Multiple Contacts?

hinky

Feb 5, 2010
I'm not sure if TouchWiz is the issue or maybe my phone book - which is an Android issue. First things first - it feels like going anywhere takes too much time. I got rid of animations and that helped a little. But some things on this phone lag and should not. For example, when in dialer I'll notice the screen pausing frequently when I think it shouldn't. Hanging up the phone results in the dialer staying open.... wait... then closes. Trying to dial also has lag.

An issue I've noticed - I use Microsoft Office365. When I view a contact I see multiple numbers and it is damn annoying. These could be Android issues and it's infuriating. One is I have duplicate numbers for work, one with the phone number and another that has the country code next to it, e.g. +1 (212) 555-1212. Next issue is the multiple accounts that sync. I thought I didn't ask for several accounts to be listed in the dialer. I see multiple entries from the same Google account in the phone, yet the Google account listed does not show duplicate entries. It will also show the same entry twice when there are two different email addresses in one account, such as where MS Outlook allows you to have email1, email2 and email3. I am wondering whether the dialer slowness has to do with the number of entries and, very importantly, how to handle this mess and clean out the phone books without losing the entries -- as well as "best practices" when using MS Office 365 and having 2 Google accounts.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones