• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone dials, then nothing happens

stevetrang

Jun 3, 2010
I left my iPhone because I hated whenever I dialed and got an immediate call failure. It wouldn't even attempt to dial out. Now I have my Evo, and it dials out all the time, but about 5% of the time, I don't hear the ringing or the other end. I've had it happen where the person on the other line is frustrated with me because they think I'm prank calling to them.

Has this happened to anyone else? Dial out but nothing in the ear piece? If so, did you find a fix?

Make sure you don't have google talk enabled. When you dial out a prompt will come up and ask to dial out with your number or your google voice number. I doubt it but this may be the problem.

I have google talk disabled, but it comes back on its own some times. I don't think this is the problem either, because if it was, the 2nd or 3rd try shouldn't work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones