• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone died and wont turn on or charge?

5 weeks after getting my one sv, it died, I plugged it in, went to bed, and to my HORROR- it didn't charge all night. Frantically trying other chargers to no avail, I had to leave for work, so I plugged it into my car charger. No dice. After work I stopped by the cricket store, the guy plugged it in to the wall, then the computer, and said 'yeah this things def dead, and unfortunately that little crack in the screen (litterally a tiny crack) is gonna keep you from getting a replacement.' So I asked if I could send it in for repair (i do actually love this phone), and he said 'well I'm sorry but the rate the phones come out, we can't train the techs to repair them all so that's not an option. You can either buy another phone, or activate an old phone.' They wouldn't even give me a discount! I've been with them for like 9 years and had a 5 week old 400 dollar paper weight.
5 months later
A thought popped in my head..
I bought an external charger, charged the battery for about 25 mins, and boom, it turned right on AND charges with the usb chord.
So
If your phone dies and shows no sign of life, try an external charger, I suppose the battery was so dead the usb had no effect.
Really wish I would've thought of it sooner

Reactions: codesplice
I had that same experience once. Had to let my phone charge all night before it would turn back on. By the next morning all was well. I was abusing my phone pretty hard though when it happened lol.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

i tried charging for days.. i was hard on the battery too but it seemed dead.
i tried multiple chargers etc. took it to the store... and as happy as i am that its working, i cant believe that cricket simply said oh well! there lucky i didnt buy another phone and then figure this out after.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones