1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Phone died so time to move on.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by richgm, Jan 26, 2013.

1. richgm

richgm Newbie

Well my DHD has died.
    Started to have problems with the volume key which made using AAHK and rebooting a little difficult then the phone froze and I had to pull the battery. Now I can boot to the AAHK menu but cant navigate it at all or I boot holding the up volume key (Down was the one that wasn't working) and it vibrates 5 times and I get a green LED then it vibrates 10 times.

Anyway I've decided to leave HTC behind and I've got a shining new Samsung S3 to play with, so I'll still be around on the Android forums
    So even though I haven't posted much I just want to say thanks to everyone who does post on here. You've answered many questions without me even asking. :)

Advertisement

olbriar and Mehta23 like this.
  2. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Android Enthusiast

The volume rocker is usually a easy fix. Another user was having the same problem. The actual volume contacts are just held in via the rectangular sticker underneath the battery cover.

3. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

How would one go about solving it? My vol down button doesn't work without loads of force.

4. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Android Enthusiast

Mehta23 likes this.
  5. olbriar

olbriar  

I hope you enjoy your new phone richgm and that you continue to use these forums with it's friendly members for your Android needs. It's nice of you to thank this group for their past assistance. Speaks well for you and this fine group.

richgm likes this.
  6. Landrew

Landrew Newbie

My Desire HD served me well for two years, but I've gone to the Galaxy Note 2, and I'm glad I did.

HTC's market share has tanked recently, and I can see why. They haven't kept up with the evolution of smartphones which has been rapid to say the least. HTC's CEO Peter Chou said the company's problems were due to "insufficient marketing" and he attempted to boost morale by inviting employees to "shout slogans" rather than offering any hint of a concrete recovery plan.

Comparing my new Samsung to my old HTC, my sound was poor, the screen was hard to see, reception was weak, battery life was short, and I never found the highly-touted HTC Sense, useful at all.

The future doesn't look bright for HTC, but I think most of their injuries are self-inflicted.

7. paulrh

paulrh Member

Errrrr, correct. My wifes S3 is amazing but I still love my DHD and have no thoughts of replacing it. It will be very interestesting to see how today's launch of the new flagship HTC phone is received. This will be a make or break situation for HTC. Yes, they totally screwed up on the advertising but they also started making products only they themselves thought were good and forgot to look at what the competition was doing and what the buying public wanted.

8. Landrew

Landrew Newbie

My attitude towards my DHD was the same as your own, up until I got my hands on the GN2. I didn't feel like an upgrade was needed, because I had the notion that nothing newer could be much better than what I already had. I have to admit, I was wrong. For reasons too many to mention, the upgrade was a positive move in every way.

The way I read it, HTC is still high from their initial success as a front-running supplier of Android smartphones, and they haven't fully come to terms with drastic loss of market share that has occurred in the last 18 months, and threatens to sink their ship.

Attached Files: