1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone display black after booting, the display works when booting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wrgy, Jun 22, 2021.

1. wrgy

wrgy Newbie

When I boot my phone (allview x5 soul mini) the display is working fine. After I type my pin to unlock it, it starts as it usually would but then just displays a black screen. Nothing . I can manage to make it work, but after I close my screen, it stays closed until i restart it again.
    Safe boot doesnt help.

#1 wrgy, Jun 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2021

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Back up anything important and try a factory reset.

If you have the option in recovery mode, try wiping the system cache (just the cache, not cache+data, not factory reset). That was removed from most phones a while ago, but I'm hoping that a phone I've never heard of might still have a useful legacy feature like that. There's a small chance that that might fix it, in which case you are spared a reset. But otherwise my best guess is that you've got some corrupt data somewhere that's messing up the display drivers, and I doubt I'd be able to track down precisely what (and if it's system data I might not be able to remove it anyway without root), in which case a reset will be needed.

The worst case is that the actual system software has been corrupted, in which case a reset won't help either (in that case either a reflash would be needed or, if the storage itself is damaged, there would be nothing you could do). But I think there's a good chance of a reset fixing it. From what you describe it's clearly a problem with the android system rather than the hardware, since the splash screen and boot animation work (which all come up before the Android system takes over).

ocnbrze and svim like this.