• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone does not play sound when new email arrives

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S Advance it comes with Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) and the notification sound on new email was working

Recently i upgraded to Android 4.1.2(JellyBean).I did not receive any error messages but my phone no longer plays the email notification sound.My phone is working fine on 4.1.2 it's just a bit annoying having to manually open the emailapp to see if there's anything new.I discoverd jellybean disables autosync by default could that be the problem :shakehands:

If all emails still come in without you checking your inbox, then auto sync isn't the problem.

I read that there are a few bugs in the russian jelly bean, which they will fix in the releases in other countries. Maybe this is one of the bugs?

I'm not familiar with jelly bean, so it could just be some setting that you'll have to change.

Is your sound turned on? and isn't there anything you can change in the email app settings?

Upvote 0
If all emails still come in without you checking your inbox, then auto sync isn't the problem.

I read that there are a few bugs in the russian jelly bean, which they will fix in the releases in other countries. Maybe this is one of the bugs?

I'm not familiar with jelly bean, so it could just be some setting that you'll have to change.

Is your sound turned on? and isn't there anything you can change in the email app settings?

Sound is on as other sounds play just fine.You have to set the tone to play in the email app settings i did but it doesn't play the sound.Probably you're right and this is a bug if it is verry annoying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones